The Swede in the middle of Silicon Valley

Friday, September 7, 2007

Pre-review of Transcend solid state disk


So far I haven't succeeded in getting Ubuntu installed on my solid state disk which has been somewhat of an disappointment, apparently Ubuntu isn't to friendly about installing the OS on a USB disk (which the disk appears as), there's some fixes but I'll wait with it until I receive my new laptop.
For now write and read performance hasn't been tremendous but it's at least faster than my 80GB 4.2k rpm disk. Hopefully it's better than the 100GB 7.2k rpm disk which follows in my new laptop. Since I'll only have my OS on this disk it should be fine either way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about the ubiquitousness of technology in our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.leetboss.com/video-games/r4i-r4-sdhc-nintendo-ds]R4i[/url] DS FFBrows)