The Swede in the middle of Silicon Valley

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So what's happened to be due to the acquisition

As you may know Sun Microsystems has acquired MySQL as of Q1 this year. The first thing that came to my mind because of this was; Do I have a job? Do I get to stay in the US? If not can I work in Sweden?

So last week I received an offer letter from Sun, I get to stay 9 months and gets a decent raise on top of it.

So where does this leave me? Surely I might be out of a job in 9 months or I may find something within or outside Sun. Overall I think it's exiting to be a part of a merge of two opensource companies but I'm sad about loosing the general MySQL spirit that has been with us for so long. Hopefully we'll be able to affect Sun with our spirit and create something great together.

No comments: